Deep Space Knit

Yarn arts (knit and crochet) balled up with a heady dose of geekdom. Raise your pan-galactic-gargle-blaster and cheer!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sweater Progress, a Renegade Hat and Kink.

One of the best feelings in the knitting world is the feeling you get when you three needle bind off some shoulders, because it means you're done with a whole big chunk o' sweater! I love the body of the sweater. Light, soft, warm , and it even actually fits!! Unfortunately in my world it also means you have to cast on for the sleeves.
I have decided to venture into learning something new, and will work both sleeves at the same time. The only problem with this is that I have a limited stock of 40" needles. I have a size 7 in Addi Turbo's which the bulk of the sleeve will be knit on, but the start needs to be knit on 5s. And I only have 5s in Plymouth Speedway. The cord of my Plymouth Speedways has more kink that Hugh Hefner in a whipped cream factory, so knitting is less than pleasurable. (and, yes, I have boiled/heated and otherwise tried to soften the cord in every way possible.) I can't wait until I have enough rounds to change to needles thta won't fight me every step of the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

I am becoming incredibly good at coming up with reasons to buy more needles. Such as the fact that in order to avoid Second Sock Sydrome I must have 2 sets of dpns so I can work both at the same time. So....you see where I'm going don't you? After all, no one ever said, "Senor Picasso, you have an awful lot of paintbrushes!" :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger JamieL said...

Oh, I like that train of thought...

I mean more stash takes up space. Getting hard to justify the stash until it is knit up, I might have more yarn than I could ever use... but needles? Needles are easy to justify. I'll always use one... or another. Could always use a spare...

A slippery slope, that!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home