Deep Space Knit

Yarn arts (knit and crochet) balled up with a heady dose of geekdom. Raise your pan-galactic-gargle-blaster and cheer!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Socks, and The Scarf That Shall Not Be Finished



The socks: Pretty simple, for my Dad for Christmas. I learned a new stitch pattern, yee! It's called "supple rib" from the Super Stitches Knitting book. Very easy, quite fun, it looks nice too. It makes a thick, warm fabric that I am hoping hugs the foot and doesn’t sag at the ankles like the boy always complains about. Methinks I shall finish this sock tonight or tomorrow, and then cast on another one.





The scarf: This scarf is my nemesis. Like Voldemort is to Harry Potter, this scarf is to me.



What is it? It’s a Virginia Tech scarf. For a friend who lives in Blacksburg, this scarf is to commemorate the VT tragedy. He wanted to show off his hometown spirit. It needs to be finished by Christmas.

This scarf does not grow. No matter how many rows I add, it is still the same darn length when I hang if off my neck… and the intended recipient is over a foot taller than myself.



Oh, yes, I can see the length be added when I am knitting. I can watch it grow block by block of Fair Isle. I have committed myself to knitting at least five rows before I knit on any other project.



I hate this scarf.



Even when it is done, it shall forever remain “The Scarf That Shall Not Be Finished”



 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Jean said...

Hee, I love your comparison to Harry Potter. I have quite a few Scarves That Shall Not Be Finished, actually. Maybe mine are the Horcruxes? ;-)

2:56 PM  
Blogger JamieL said...

Oooh, a horcurx scarf would be very cool :D Not quite sure what it would look like or how one might knit it... but still, what an idea!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home